Micro Hydro Energy - An Introduction
Of all the small renewable energy systems around, a small hydro system - where it's feasible - may be the most cost-effective and reliable. If you have running water on or near your property, you may want to consider investing in a micro-energy system.
A micro-hydro system can mean energy around the clock and year-round, if you have a steady stream of water. All that is required is a fall of several feet high, and a micro-hydro system, consisting of:
- a turbine generator system
- integration with regular power systems (where possible)
As with other renewable energy systems, micro-hydro systems can be free-standing, hybrid or grid-integrated.
A micro-hydro system very simply takes the energy available from a falling stream of water and converts it into usable electricity.
In our brief introduction to micro hydro, we tell you:
- micro hydro siting
- the legal and economic micro hydro feasibility
- about micro hydro turbines design
- choosing a micro hyrdro contractor
- micro hydro installation
- micro hydro pipeline sizingsizing