Choosing a Micro-Hydro Energy System Contractor
All micro-hydro systems should be installed by a reputable contractor, with experience.
Here are some quick guidelines to help you choose a reputable micro-hydro installer:
Get as close to local as possible
The closer a dealer is to your own location the more likely he is to know about your local and seasonal water conditions and other important factors. Of course, you also want a reputable dealer knowledgeable of all aspects of the system you are installing.
Get as much information as you can
There is also a lot of information available online (including this guide, of course).
For how long do they guarantee, and against what do they guarantee?
Here are some other important questions about a geothermal dealer:
- How long have they been in business?
- How many years of experience in micro-hydro installation do they have?
- What do they know about government incentives for renewable energy?
- What post-installation service do they offer?
- Can they provide you with updated manuals and catalogues?
- Do they have background information (tests, comparisons, etc.) on equipment?
- Are they a member of trade organizations (e.g. micro-hydro energy associations)?
- What payment options do they offer for your micro-hydro energy system?
- Are they familiar with zoning and laws concerning water current interference?
- Can they supply you with a list of references?