Why Go Solar?
- Solar is practical and economical
All over America and the world, people are integrating solar into their electricity and heating systems. Why?
- Well, they get a big charge out of how much their solar electricity system save them on monthly bills. They are also taking advantage of financing incentives.
- They find that using solar pool heaters to heat water for their pools saves them lots of money that would otherwise evaporate!
- They are using solar thermal power to heat water for their homes, watching their heating bills go down while their hot water temperature stays the same.
And these are just a few examples!
- Any control over your own home energy is (no pun intended) empowering.
- Renewable energy in all forms is good for the future of the earth.
Due to some aggressive campaigning by governments and fossil fuel companies-- and to people's desire to live in denial-- there remains a belief among some people that things "aren't really so bad." But:
- The Asian brown cloud is caused largely by the burning of fossil fuels.
- Smog and all its attendant woes (including increased in allergy diagnoses, breathing disorders, cancer rates, etc.) is caused by fossil fuels.
- Global warming is intensified by green house gases.
- All the solar power you use is free, after the initial purchase cost of your solar system. Ten years from now, the solar energy you are collecting at your own home will still be free, and meanwhile
- Prices for fossil fuels rise higher and higher.