Solar Pool Heaters: Choosing a Supplier
Here's the lowdown on energy waste slowdown:
- Pick a solar pool heating supplier with lots of experience.
- Choose local - someone who knows about your local climate.
- Guarantee. How long is the guarantee? What do they guarantee?
- Ask them about professional credentials. You have to remember that competent installers with lots of experience might not have taken the time to bother with this.
- Get lots of information - catalogues, brochures and more. Later, at your leisure, you can learn about aspects of your solar pool heater, as issues come up.
Information that saves money is power indeed.
Some important questions to ask your solar pool heating dealer:
- How many years of installing and service experience do you have?
- How long have you been in the solar pool heating business?
- How many solar pool heater design options can you give me?
- How well will you listen to questions I have about solar pool heating?
- How well will you listen to my concerns about money, safety and other issues?
- How much do you know about zoning and electrical requirements and codes?
- Can you tell me much about government incentives and how to get them?
- How big and/or informative is your company web site? Does it have information about solar pool heating systems that I can follow?
- Can you supply me with a list of references?
- What after-installation service do you offer?
- Can you give me recently updated manuals concerning your solar pool heaters?
- Do you have background information (e.g. tests) on solar pool heating systems?
- Are you a member of trade organizations (e.g. solar pool energy associations)?
- Do you offer payment options?
Just remember: the reality is that you will very likely get what you pay for. You will likely have to pay an experienced, highly skilled installer top dollar for their services.